Top Stories news

Top Stories

If Tony Abbott abandons hope of ever being prime minister again, he might settle for mortally wounding Malcolm Turnbull and letting someone else bury the corpse, writes political editor Chris…
02.24 / 04:53
www.abc.net.au
Ed Curnow is entering the next bracket of his career, the one where he has moved from recycled rookie to fringe battler to, now, a team…
02.24 / 04:26
www.smh.com.au
A judge describes the actions of Marcus Rappel, who killed his ex-partner Tara Costigan with an axe in her Canberra home while she held their week-old daughter, as being in the "worst…
02.24 / 02:48
www.abc.net.au
A woman was bitten and sexually assaulted three times during a horrific attack at a music festival in …
02.24 / 01:35
www.smh.com.au
Ford's Mustang, the first of the "pony cars" that dominated the American performance market in the 1960s and 1970s, were the dream wheels of a generation. We talk to local baby boomers about their love affair with the iconic…
02.24 / 01:35
www.smh.com.au
Although autumn is on the way, the Bureau of Meteorology warns the hot weather is likely to continue, with warmer than average temperatures forecast for most of southern and eastern…
02.24 / 01:19
www.abc.net.au
Perhaps it may have inadvertently slipped your worthy correspondents minds (Letters, February 24)  but the two state solution was accepted by the Jews in 1947, when they agreed to the UN Partition Plan for two States, the Arab state being 43% of the Mandate Territory and an internationally ruled Jerusalem. This was roundly rejected by all the Arab States, as well as the Palestinians. They then invaded the newly created State of Israel, not recognising its right to exist and attempting to an…
02.24 / 00:28
www.smh.com.au
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull says he will not be provoked by Tony Abbott's most direct attack on his government to…
02.23 / 22:37
www.smh.com.au
A multi-million-dollar global plan aims to save 10 per cent of the world's coral reefs as scientists predict the remaining 90 per cent will die by…
02.23 / 19:37
www.abc.net.au