5 people hospitalized after eating gas station nacho cheese


5 people hospitalized after eating gas station nacho cheese
  1. 5 people hospitalized after eating gas station nacho cheese
    federalnewsradio.com
    California officials say five people were hospitalized after eating nacho cheese from a Sacramento gas station The post 5 people hospitalized after eating gas station nacho cheese appeared first on…
    Health

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Five people have been hospitalized after eating nacho cheese from a Sacramento gas station, California officials said.

Officials have connected five botulism illness cases to Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station in the Walnut Grove suburb, the Sacramento Bee (http://bit.ly/2pXX9Jz) reported.

Officials believe the culprit is nacho cheese, but the investigation is ongoing.

Sacramento health officials are also looking into four cases that may be related.

Download our Expert Edition e-book, Cyber: Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation.

Advertisement

Botulism, a rare food poisoning, can lead to paralysis, breathing difficulty and sometimes death.

One of the people sickened last month has filed a lawsuit against the gas station.

Lavinia Kelly has been in the hospital for three weeks and is unable to speak. K…

  1. Researchers develop new method for rapidly sorting HIV viruses

    News-medical.net -Health
    05.26 / 01:11 www.news-medical.net
    Researchers at EMBL, ESPCI Paris, and the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative have developed a new technique for rapidly sorting HIV viruses, which could lead to more rapid development of a vaccine for HIV, as they report in Cell Chemical…
  2. Scientists report brain network organization changes that underlie improvements in executive function

    News-medical.net -Health
    05.26 / 01:11 www.news-medical.net
    As children age into adolescence and on into young adulthood, they show dramatic improvements in their ability to control impulses, stay organized, and make…
  3. Preliminary study: Co-occurrence of COMT and BRCA 1/2 variants may reduce breast cancer incidence

    News-medical.net -Health
    05.26 / 01:11 www.news-medical.net
    Research looking at genomic data from women with a genetic risk for breast cancer, who may never develop cancer, found their cancer-free state may be related to a second genetic…
  4. Health care law would increase hunger and poverty among millions in the U.S.

    News-medical.net -Health
    05.26 / 01:11 www.news-medical.net
    Bread for the World is alarmed that 23 million people, including 14 million on Medicaid, would lose health insurance coverage under the American Health Care Act passed by the House of Representatives on May…
  5. New research focuses on tracking health variables of professional race car driver with diabetes

    News-medical.net -Health
    05.26 / 01:11 www.news-medical.net
    New Michigan State University research is the first to help a professional race car driver with diabetes improve his performance during competition, helping him capture two top-5 finishes at the Indianapolis…
  6. The Latest: Botulism outbreak seems limited to 1 cheese bag

    WashingtonTimes-Health
    05.26 / 01:01 washingtontimes.com
    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - The Latest on a botulism outbreak linked to nacho-cheese dip sold at a California gas station (all times local): 4:35 p.m. California health officials said a botulism outbreak linked to nacho-cheese sauce appears limited to an opened bag of the sauce. The statement on Thursday comes…
  7. NOAA predicts busy hurricane season

    Livehealthy.chron.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:50 livehealthy.chron.com
    GALVESTON – The nation's climate agency Thursday predicted an above-normal 2017 hurricane season with 11 to 17 named storms, five to nine of them hurricanes. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicted a 45 percent chance of the hurricane season that begins June 1 being above normal, a 35 percent chance of a normal season and a 20 percent chance of a below-normal season. "The outlook reflects our expectation of a weak or non-existent El Niño, near- or above-average se…
  8. Bill Would Close Exemptions in PA Smoke-Free Law

    Bctv.org - Health
    05.26 / 00:48 bctv.org
    HARRISBURG, Pa. - A bill has been introduced to eliminate exemptions in Pennsylvania's Clean Indoor Air…
  9. Corrections Correction to 2017; published online May 24; httpdx.doi.org10.1016S1470204517303807

    Bioportfolio.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:41 bioportfolio.com
    Shaverdian N Lisberg AE Bornazyan K et al. Previous radiotherapy and the clinical activity and toxicity of pembrolizumab in the treatment of nonsmallcell lung cancer a secondary analysis of the KEYNOTE001 phase 1 trial. Lancet Oncol 2017; published online…
  10. News Pricing increases for cancer drugs sparks investigation

    Bioportfolio.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:41 bioportfolio.com
    The European Commission has started its first formal investigation of excessive pricing concerns in the pharmaceutical industry examining whether Aspen Pharma has abused its dominant market position by increasing the price of five cancer medicines by…
  11. News WHO priority list of medical devices for cancer management

    Bioportfolio.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:41 bioportfolio.com
    WHO has developed a model reference list of medical devices recommended as basic and priority requirements for managing cancer in member states. The priority list is designed to increase access to these devices especially in lowincome and middleincome…
  12. Spain Cancer Diagnostics Market Future Horizons and Growth Strategies Supplier Shares by Tumor Marker Country Segment Fo

    Bioportfolio.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:41 bioportfolio.com
    Complete report $6800.nbsp; DataPack test volumes sales forecasts supplier shares $4350.VPG Market Research's new report is a strategic analysis of the major business opportunities emerging in the cancer diagnostics market during the next five years. The…
  13. 2017 Germany Genetic Diseases Cancer Forensic and Paternity Molecular Diagnostic Testing Country Segment Forecasts Emerg

    Bioportfolio.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:41 bioportfolio.com
    Complete report $1850. nbsp;DataPack test volumes sales forecasts supplier shares $1200.The report is available by section market segment and can be customtailored to your specific information needs and budget.This new study from…
  14. 6 Reasons To Stop Feeding Your Kids “Kid Food”

    Stewardshipreport.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:29 stewardshipreport.com
    FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia – According to the National Institutes of Health, on any given day one-third of children and 41 percent of teens eat from a fast-food restaurant. They also report that the restaurant meals often served to kids contain too many calories. The typical “kid food” being offered tends to usually include chicken nuggets, fries, macaroni [̷…
  15. No link found between cancer and conditions at Guantanamo

    Federalnewsradio.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:24 federalnewsradio.com
    A report by U.S. military health experts has found no link between several cases of cancer and environmental conditions in an area used for legal proceedings at the Guantanamo Bay detention center The post No link found between cancer and conditions at Guantanamo appeared first on…
  16. Circuit Split: Expansion of Title VII Protections and Sexual Orientation as a Subset of a Protected Class

    Jdsupra.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:16 jdsupra.com
    Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Title VII has been supplemented via legislative action to also prohibit discrimination due to pregnancy (Pregnancy...By: Baker Ober Health…
  17. Cannabis chemical could help kids with epilepsy

    Abc2news.com - Health
    05.26 / 00:10 abc2news.com
    Cannabidiol could lower seizure rates in children with the sometimes deadly Dravet…
  18. Is telemedicine dumbing down the standard of care?

    Kevinmd.com -Health
    05.26 / 00:06 www.kevinmd.com
    Telemedicine is the new rage in medicine and a very needed service. It is vital in areas that are underserved and doctors hard to come by. Additionally, it can be a great convenience for patients who may not actually need to physically go to the doctor. But, is telemedicine dumbing down the standard of care? Doctors …
  19. Georgia State researchers renew $2.3 million federal grant for diabetic vascular disease research

    News-medical.net -Health
    05.26 / 00:05 www.news-medical.net
    Dr. Ming-Hui Zou, director of the Center for Molecular & Translational Medicine and a Georgia Research Alliance Eminent Scholar in Molecular Medicine, has renewed a four-year, $2.3 million federal grant to study the role of an enzyme in causing diabetic vascular diseases and the molecular mechanism that leads to these…
  20. FDA grants approval for new magnetic device used to treat pediatric esophageal atresia

    News-medical.net -Health
    05.26 / 00:05 www.news-medical.net
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has granted authorization for a magnetic device used to treat pediatric esophageal atresia, a birth defect that causes abnormal formation of the…